K1 Admission Guidelines & Procedures
K1 Application Guidelines 2024/25
1. Apply to the EDB for the RC
Parents to apply to the EDB for the RC from September to November 2023
Our kindergarten has joined the ‘Kindergarten Education Scheme’ by the Education Bureau. If your child is admitted to K1 at our kindergarten in 2024, you must apply for the ‘Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission’. The application form is available at any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre or can be downloaded on the website of Education Bureau.
2. Application Requirements
3. Application Methods (No Application Limit)
Methods: Visit the school website to download the application form or collect the form at school. (Apply in Person)
Application Period: All the year round.
Application Fee: HK$40 (to be collected together with the application form).
The application fee is non-refundable whether the application is successful or not.
(a) Fill in the Application form (download the form below).
MS Word file: Admission Form
PDF file:Admission Form
(b) Bring along the following documents with you,
◦ A Pre-filled application form with a recent photo of the child. (A passport-sized photo)
◦ A copy of the child’s Birth Certificate ◦
◦ A copy of the child’s Passport with a valid dependent visa (if the
child was born outside Hong Kong or if the Birth Certificate states the child’s status as
◦ A copy of the child’s Vaccination Record issued by the Mother and Child Health Care Centre
◦ Copy/copies of the parent/s’ Hong Kong Identity Card/s
◦ Copies of the applicant child and the parents’ passports with valid visa allowing them to work/study in Hong Kong (if applicable)
◦ A copy of the parent’s Address Proof
◦ TWO self-addressed stamped envelopes
School Office Hours:
Monday to Friday (8:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. / 1:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.)
Saturday: (9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
4. Interview Arrangements
All applicants must arrive on time and present your Interview Notification Letter.
K1 Interview is on November 2023, dates will be notified via phone call or whatsapp message.
Application will be notfied of the interview date and time via phone call or whatsapp message.
“Related Support for Non-Chinese Speaking Children”NCS-children-leaflet
Date and Time
- Due to the large number of people being interviewed, the date and time of the interview will not be changed.
- The interview takes place in the form of group conversations and games, and the process takes about 20 minutes.
- A parent accompanies the child to the interview.
- Interviews will be conducted in English/Cantonese. To meet non-Chinese speaking teachers, please call 24796867 to inform us if you need interpretation/translation services.
- Due to the restrictions of the epidemic, the kindergarten reserves the right to change the interview arrangement.
5. Admission Requirement (Selection Criteria)
Applicants with sibling(s) currently studying at or who graduated from the kindergarten will be considered first;
Residents of Yuen Long District;
Children of the staff of Pristine Education Limited
6. Announcement of Admission Result
K1 applicants will be notified by mail on or before 15-12-2023 (Friday).
7. Registration Arrangements
- Register during the Centralised Registration Dates (i.e. 4 to 6 January 2024)
- Pay the Registration Fee of $970
- Bring along the Application Result Letter
Successful applicants should complete the registration procedures from 4th to 6th January, 2024 (“Centralised Registration Dates”) by submitting the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (hereafter referred to as “RC”) / “Kindergarten Admission Pass” (hereafter referred to as “AP”) to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
Applicants on the waiting list should complete the registration procedures for their child when they are informed that the kindergarten has accepted their entries. If there are vacancy the school will call and Parents are required to submit the “RC” / “AP” to the kindergarten and pay the registration.
Please be reminded that if parents fail to submit the “RC”/ “AP” during registration, they may not be able to complete the registration for their child. Hence, parents are reminded to submit the application for the registration document to EDB within the specified period.
The registration fee is HK$970 for 2024/25 K1. If parents accepted the offer, the registration fee paid will be refunded in September. Should parents decide to give up the offer after registration, please notify us with a withdrawal letter. The kindergarten will return the “RC”/ “AP” as soon as possible but no registration fee is refunded. The offer will not be reserved after the “RC”/ “AP” is obtained.
8. Further Information
1. Should you have any enquiries, please contact 24796867 or browse
our homepage: https://www.pristine.edu.hk/?lang=zh
2. EDB Contact Numbers: 3540 6808 / 3540 6811;
3. Profile of Kindergartens and Kindergarten-cum-Child Care Centres
2023/24 School Year
4. Hotline for Non-Chinese Speaking Students and Parents:
Tel:2892 6676. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
EDB Parent's Talk